Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Awesome Handmade Christmas Gift Idea!

As fall starts to set in, I start thinking about Christmas (just thinking), and it reminds me of one of the coolest handmade gifts I've ever received. It's not an expensive gift to make, or one which requires great skill, but the result communicates such thoughtfulness that the effort is more than worth it.
A friend of ours saved the 'save the date' cards, invitation, and envelopes from our wedding and artfully cut them into strips, wrapped the strips around a pencil to curl and put them in this ornament. We had decided not to provide the traditional favors for each of our guests and instead made a donation to St. Jude's Hospital, and left St. Jude's bracelets and a note for guests and she even saved the bracelet to use for the  hook. 

Just a little bit of planning and a few dollars and she made us an amazing gift. I smile whenever I see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment